History, nature, adventure, beaches, archaeological treasures and much more. Enjoy excellent and varied plans in the 06 most popular destinations in Peru.
The list was elaborated by the users of the page of trips TripAdvisor and is headed by the most iconic destinations of Cusco. Besides the Imperial City, other of the travelers’ preferred options were the architecture of churches and cathedrals of downtown Lima and the beautiful beaches of the north.
In the following gallery you will know the 10 most popular destinations in Peru and the tourist attractions that made them stand out.
Cusco is the national destination that has more tourist attractions in the ranking made by the users of the page TripAdvisor.
- Cusco. The Imperial City is known for hosting tourist attractions with lots of history and mystique. Year after year, it is considered the most popular destination of Peru. The Inca splendor and the Andean baroque are side by side in the stone streets of Cusco, represented by the Coricancha palace and the Santo Domingo church flanking the Plaza de Armas, TripAdvisor.
- Urubamba. If you are looking to tour this valley of the Andes in a different way, TripAdvisor users assure that zip lines and horseback riding are the best options. “Only its location, in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, makes Urubamba seem like a mystical and magical place”, emphasizes TripAdvisor.
- Machu Picchu. The Inca citadel scales two positions compared to the 2016 ranking. “If you feel like it, make the trip following a footpath for several days, travel through the depths of the Andean ravines and enjoy breathtaking views,” recommends TripAdvisor.
- Lima. TripAdvisor users recommend visiting the archaeological sites and charming beaches of the capital, as well as enjoying the colonial architecture of the churches and cathedrals located in the center of Lima.
- Arequipa. The White City is another destination in southern Peru preferred by TripAdvisor users. They recommend the Santa Catalina monastery and the Colca Canyon, as well as the stop for the condors.
- Paracas. 250 kilometers from Lima, it is the ideal destination to enjoy stunning landscapes and beautiful beaches, as well as appreciate sea lions and various birds. Its most visited beaches are La Mina and Raspon.