|Inca Trail Hike to Machu Picchu ( 05 Day – 04 Night)|
We will depart from Cusco by bus through Urubamba before stopping briefly at Ollaytaytambo where you can buy last minute gear and personal supplies. Next we move on Piskacuchu (Km 82) and the start of the inca trail hike. We will have lunch in Miskay and relax a bit before hiking to our first campsite. Along the way we will visit the Patallaqta archaeological site.
Yuncos Chimpana • Llulluchapampa • Warmiwañusca.(Day 02).
After breakfast we will begin our walk through the Huayllabamba valley. We will observe nature’s ecological changes here until we arrive at Yuncos Chimpana. We will prepare to climb to Wayllabamba Llulluchapampa (3.750 m). From this point we can see the valley below and Huayanay above, located (4.200 m). Later we will stop to camp at Llulluchapampa (3750 m).
On day 3 we will ascend by the inca trail to (Warmiwañusca) 4.200 (m) as the second step called Runkurakay which is (3.860 meters). Visit the complexes Runkuracay and Sayacmarca before stopping at Phuyupatamarca to camp for the night.
Wiñayhuayna • Phuyupatamarca • Intipata • Intipunku • Machu Picchu.(Day 04).
Rise for an early breakfast and visit the archaeological complex of Phuyupatamarca. Then hike 3 miles to Wiñaywayna and visit the Intipata Wiñaywayna complex. Next continue until we reach Inti punku or Puerta del Sol (Sun Gate) to see the Lost City of the Incas, Machu picchu. After a short visit here we will continue by bus to the town of Aguas Calientes and check in to our hostel. You will have time to enjoy the hot springs and more breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and river.
Early in the morning after breakfast we will ascend to Machu picchu by bus from Aguas Caliente. You will have the option to climb Huayna Picchu if you arrive early enough. For 3 hours the guide will lead you through Machu picchu explaining everything about how the city was designed and the significance of the buildings.
You will have time to experience Machu Picchu on your own after the tour before descending to Aguas Calientes by bus for taking your train back to Ollantaytambo. From there you will be driven 90 minutes to Cusco’s San Francisco Plaza where you can easily walk back to your hotel.
- Airport, hotel and train station transfers.
- English or Spanish speaking professional guides.
- All meals mentioned in itinerary.
- Camping equipment and tents (2 people per 3 man tent).
- Porters to carry group equipment (personal porters can be hired for additional cost).
- Backpacker class train from Aguas Calientes – Poroy (Cusco).
- Bus from Aguas Caliente – Machu picchu – Aguas Calientes.
- Machu picchu and inca trail entrance tickets.
- Bring passport to receive Machu picchu stamp.
- Mention when you book tour if you prefer vegetarian meals.
- Travel Insurance
- Private Porters
- Sub-zero sleeping bag
- Personal Expenses
- Personal Porters
What to Bring:
- UV lip protection
- reading glasses
- brimmed hat
- trekking shoes
- insect repellent
- pocket knife
- lighters / matches
- small travel binoculars
- toilet paper (buy in Cusco)
- small towel
- waterproof day back pack for clothes and personal items
- lightweight plastic rain gear or poncho to fit over you and your backpack
- collapsible umbrella for rain and shade
- non-disposable water bottle (stainless steel)
- water purification tablets (Micropur available in Cusco)
- small notebook and pen (notes for your blog, sketches)
- foam ear plugs. Good for long bus rides and better rest. S. America is noisy.
- Imodium-D (you won’t need it but its better to have it)
- white sports tape
- treat shoes with waterproof silicon spray before leaving home
- Personal clothing for trek, extra socks
- waterproof hiking pants
- don’t wear jeans
- ziploc plastic with hiking energy food
- ziploc plastic bags to keep clothes dry
- personal sub-zero sleeping bag (available for rent) if hiking
- passport: to receive Machu picchu souvenir stamp
Thank you for your interest in having a Iletours personalized travel experience. Please take a moment to complete the short form below, so together we can begin designing your customized vacation.
You may also email us at email@example.com or call us directly at: +51 84 508589