White Water Rafting Apurimac River Perú 03 Days
icon-angle-double-down Duration:3 Days
icon-angle-double-right Type: Adventure Peru Treks, River Rafting Tours
icon-angle-double-up Destinations: Cusco, Huallpachaca, Apurimac
River Rafting Apurimac
The Apurimac River is considered one of the best rivers in the world to whitewater raft on. Our professional guides, top-of-the-line equipment, knowledge of the river and experience in providing Apurimac Whitewater River rafting tours all contribute to add an unforgettable experience to your trip to Cusco and the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
Tour River Rafting Apurimac 03 Day - 02 Night
- Day 01: Cusco - Huallpachaca
- Day 02: Apurimac - River Rafting
- Day 03: Apurimac River Rafting - Cusco
BriefingThere will be a briefing in your hotel the night before your rafting adventure in the Apurimac River. The briefing will include: reviewing the detailed itinerary of the tour, the navigation system, safety procedures and requirements, meals, equipment and camping.
Day 01: Cusco - HuallpachacaAt 9:00 AM you will be greeted in your hotel lobby. We'll then drive 5 hours SE of Cusco (over the Andes) to the Huallpachaca Bridge (2,000m). After lunch in the canyon our guide will speak about safety instructions regarding the Apurimac Whitewater Rafting Trip, demonstrate the use of equipment and have a basic Rescue Course for this kind of whitewater river rafting tour. We'll then raft for 1 hour in Class II and III rapids. Before dark we will set up tents and camp on one of the beautiful beaches of the Apurimac River. Dinner and rest next to a nice campfire before retiring.
Day 02: Apurimac - River RaftingAfter a delicious, healthy breakfast we'll pack up camp and put all packs back into the rafts. We'll begin Class III and IV rapids, stopping only for lunch. We may also walk some dangerous Class VI Rapids (that are impossible to run). In the afternoon we'll arrive to our campsite and play some river games before lunch. In the evening we can rest and review the days events around a nice campfire talking about day's journey and what to expect the next day.
Day 03: Apurimac River Rafting - Cusco.After a great outdoor breakfast we'll do Class III, IV and V rapids. Today we'll pass the famous Labyrinth, the Toothache, "The You First", the Babalua and the Last Laugh. After 5 hours we'll end our Peru River Whitewater Rafting Apurimac Tour close the Kunyac bridge. Here we will have a barbecue lunch before returning to Cusco around 6PM. End of our tour.
What is Included:
- Professional English speaking guides, paramedics qualified for Class V rafting
- Full Rafting equipment (helmet, safety jacket, raincoat, paddle, wetsuit, Hyside Self Bailer Boats
- All meals during the trip
- Double Tents
- Dry bags
- Special Waterproof bags (for personal belongings)
- Safety Kayak and Cargo Boat
- Private round trip transportation
- Complete First Aid Kit
What to bring:
- UV chap-stick
- Sleeping bag, mattress
- Extra socks (4 pairs)
- Warm clothes for the night (fleece, long pants)
- Light clothes for rafting
- Fold-up lightweight rain gear / poncho
- Collapsible umbrella for rain and shade
- Waterproof day back pack for water and personal items
- Trekking shoes
- Non-disposable water bottle (stainless steel)
- Water purification tablets (Micropur available in Cusco)
- Insect repellent
- Small travel binoculars
- Toilet paper for your backpack
- Pocket knife
- Brimmed hat
- Small notebook and pen (notes for your blog and wildlife sketches)
- Small tone
- Bathing suit
- Foam ear plugs. For long bus rides and better rest.
- Treat shoes with waterproof silicon spray before leaving home
- Personal clothing for trek, extra socks and t-shirts
- Lighter / matches ziploc plastic with hiking energy food
- Ziploc plastic bags to keep clothes dry