Salkantay Trek, Inca Trail, Machu Picchu 07 Days
- Day 01: Cusco - Mollepata - Pilcopata.
- Day 02: Pilcopata - Salkantaypata.
- Day 03: Salkantaypata - Pampacahuana.
- Day 04: Pampacahuana - Wayllabamba.
- Day 05: Huayllabamba - Pacaymayo.
- Day 06: Pacaymayu - Wiñayhuayna.
- Day 07: Wiñayhuayna - Machu Picchu.
Day 01: Cusco - Mollepata - Pilcopata.
You will be greeted at your hotel early and taken to the Mollepata road. On the way stop to tour the archaeological Inca temple complex of Tarawasi
. At approximately mid-day enjoy lunch at Mollepata (lunch) and then hike two hours to the farm at Pilcopata and camp for the night.
Day 02: Pilcopata - Salkantaypata.
After breakfast we'll start hiking on the grasslands and be able to appreciate Nevado Humantay (5.917 m). After 5 hours of hiking we will reach the village of Soraya and have lunch and then walk back up Salkantaypampa to camp for the night.
Day 03: Salkantaypata - Pampacahuana.
After breakfast we will hike for 4 hours to reach the pass at Incachiriaska (4.880 m.) where we can see the typical birds of the area. The trail continues through a valley to Pampacahuana, a small town that is where we will camp for the night.
Day 04: Pampacahuana - Wayllabamba.
After breakfast we will begin walking in the valley to where it narrows and the river becomes a canal. We will visit the Inca fortress of Inkaracay (Paucarcancha) and later resume hiking until we reach Huayllabamba where we will camp for the night.
* Arriving at Huayllabamba ends the first phase of our hike. Our support staff and the horses will return to Mollepata and will have a new support staff for the second phase of the hike.
Day 05: Huayllabamba - Pacaymayo.
After breakfast we will begin hiking through the valley of Huayllabamba. On our journey we will be able to appreciate nature and the ecological changes in the area until we reach Yuncos Chimpana. From here we will hike up to Llulluchapampa (3.750 meters).
From this point we can appreciate the Huayllabamba Valley and its sweeping views, Huayanay located (4.200 m) and Warmiwañusca, also called dead woman. We will camp at Pacaymayo at the end of the day.
Day 06: Pacaymayu - Wiñayhuayna.
After breakfast we will ascend to Runkurakay (3.860 m). We will hike for 2 hours until we reach the complexes of Sayaqmarca and Phuyupatamarca. After we will continue to the archaeological complex of Intipata and Wiñaywayna and camp there for the night.
Day 07: Wiñayhuayna - Machu Picchu.
After breakfast we will walk to the Sun Gate of Machu Picchu where we will see the a dramatic view of the "Lost City of the Incas"
- Machu Picchu. After an hour we will board the bus to Aguas Calientes. From there we will take the bus to Machu Picchu for our guided tour. With your guide explore Machu Picchu and see the temples, houses, parks and storehouses built by the finest stonemasons the world has ever seen. For 3 hours the guide will lead you through Machu Picchu explaining everything about how the city was designed and the significance of the buildings. You will have time to experience Machu Picchu on your own after the tour.
When finished take the bus back to Aguas Caliente and board your train back to Cusco. You will be greeted at the train station and retuned to your hotel in Cusco in the evening.